Friday 21 August 2015

Mocktail Hour: Lime in the Coconut


We're back from Spain, and soon to be off again to visit my family, hurray! I'm doing some last minute packing with a refreshing but super-simple virgin cocktail, and I thought, hey, I ought to blog that. This photo is old, and that day I added a little jalapeƱo garnish, but it's not strictly necessary. Also, I *might* have thought of the name before the recipe, but you don't judge, right? Makes me think of a particular scene in my favourite guilty-pleasure 90's chick flick - I won't out myself as having such dubious taste by going into it any further, but if you're with me, you're with me right? That house! Dreamy. Anyway, the drink:

Juice of 3 or 4 limes
2 tablespoons agave nectar (I know that agave is rather unfashionable at the moment, and this is a lot of it, but I think it's natural friends with lime - it's the tequila connection.)
Top up with coconut water

This should make two drinks, serve with ice and lime slices! Last time I mentioned that you have to cut the lime across the 'belly' to get cute slices? Well, this is what I mean:


See? Cute little segments. I did learn a thing or two bartending, and not just how to spot people having an affair (ordered champagne but paid in cash?) or make a chip butty. 

See you when we're in California! It's going to be phone blogging for a bit, so do bear with me on photo quality and font weirdness - will do my best!

No comments:

Post a Comment