Tuesday 17 February 2015

Herbs for Weaning


I'm hoping to dry up the girls over the next few weeks, so I've made myself a simple weaning tea; e
qual parts dried sage, peppermint and lemon balm, brewed strong and taken 3 times a day. We are weaning as gently as possible, so engorgement hasn't been much of an issue. Still, I'm trading in my fennel, nettle, raspberry leaf and blessed thistle for now. Some other widely recommended herbs for weaning, that aren't too obscure, are spearmint, parsley, thyme and sorrel.
Sounds delicious, right? Will incorporate into my cooking as well. Apparently peppermint tea has quite a weak effect, and sage can be quite strong - but I much prefer that taste of peppermint. One of my favourite baby care brands, Earth Mama Angel Baby, make a No More Milk Tea if DIY isn't your thing.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment